This site displays statistics about the world energy system, and presents news and information about its impacts. News is shown in section titled the Anthropocene, which can be monitored using RSS. Climate related impacts of the world energy system are detailed in the climate change pages.
Content may only be reused for educational and non-profit purposes. I do not receive any benefits from this site, nor do I have any affiliations with any business in any form.
This site was created and is maintained by Shane White, B. Eng. Electronic. Please contact me if you have suggestions for improvements.
To the best of my knowledge, visits to this website are not counted and not tracked in any manner.
Credit for photos on the homepage are listed below in order of appearance:
- Los Angeles1
- Alta Wind Energy Center from Oak Creek Road, California2
- Kooragang coal export terminal stockyards, Newcastle, Australia3
- Author’s own work
- Sunset over Tokyo4
- Coal fired power stations in China5
- Woodside Energy Wheatstone LNG project, Australia6
- Map of the world7
- Illustration of temperature overshoot8
- Photo by img.ly on Unsplash, https://unsplash.com/photos/SuhWMcXsrJQ(↩)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alta_Wind_Energy_Center, https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Alta_Wind_Energy_Center_from_Oak_Creek_Road.jpg, Z22 / CC BY-SA https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0(↩)
- Arto Marttinen wandervisions, CC0, via Wikimedia Commons, https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sunset_over_Tokyo_(Unsplash).jpg(↩)
- Patrick Galey, https://phys.org/news/2021-07-covid-recovery-all-time-emissions-high.html(↩)
- US Government, Central Intelligence Agency / Public domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Map_of_the_world_by_the_US_Gov_as_of_2016_no_legend.svg(↩)